Monday, September 4

Today is Monday, and it is the Labor Day holiday. I hope you are all enjoying this loooooooong weekend.

Class Procedures and Reminders

My schedule today. I'll be away most of the day today enjoying the holiday. That means I will not be as quick to answer emails, but definitely let me know if you have a question, and I'll get back to you as soon as I am back online.

Grace period. Yes, there's the grace period as usual this morning if you didn't finish the final Week 2 assignments on Friday or over the weekend.

Extra Credit. If you want to take advantage of today to do some extra credit, that would be great! Before noon, you can do that as Week 2 Extra Credit (grace period), and if it's after noon, you can do that as Week 3 Extra Credit; the same extra credit options are available each week. You can find both the Week 2 and the Week 3 assignments by using the Class Calendar.

Project Stack. On Tuesday, I'll start replying to all the Project assignments in the order they were turned in. While you are waiting on comments back from me about your Project assignment, you can check the stack to make sure I received your email. The stack will be huge on Tuesday, and it will probably take me the rest of the week to read and reply to everybody.

Click here to browse the previous week's announcements.

And here are some items in honor of LABOR DAY:
Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. (U.S. Department of Labor
In honor of Labor Day, consider the motto of Oklahoma, "Labor conquers all," Labor omnia vincit in Latin.

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT




detail:



And here is a U.S. Postage stamp from 1956 in honor of the holiday: Labor is life.