Monday, November 10

Today is Monday. Week 11 of the class is now over. Monday morning, until noon, is the grace period if you forgot to do any of the assignments that were due on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Week 12 will begin tomorrow - and those assignments are available now if you want to get started. The Week 13 assignments are also available now, too! (Week 14 will be available tomorrow.)

Storybook stack. As always on Monday, I will have a huge bunch of assignments in the Storybook stack that were turned in over the weekend or on Monday morning. You can check the contents of the stack to make sure I received your assignment. I will be reading and replying to the assignments in the order they were turned in - if the points you will be getting for the Storybook assignment(s) you have turned in will give you the points you need for your final grade in the class, let me know and I'll check on the points total for you! :-)

Overview of Week 12 and Week 13 Internet assignments. In Week 12, you will have your last assignment commenting on other people's Storybooks - it will be all free choice this time! Then, for the Week 13 assignment (available on Tuesday, November 18), you will be voting on your favorite Storybooks for the semester. After you turn in your nominations, I'll set up a ballot so everybody can vote for the best Storybooks - it's not for a grade or anything, it's just for fun, and it gives the folks who have done really excellent work on their Storybooks a chance to get some well deserved recognition.

Grading and points. (repeat announcement) As you can see in the Grading Information page, you need 410 to get an A, 360 points to get a B, and 320 points to get a C. When you get the number of points you need, you are done! It is fine with me if you decide to stop doing work for the class whenever you have the grade you want to receive. My only request is that you please let me know when you are done so I can adjust the comment assignments accordingly!

November 10: Neil Gaiman. Today marks the birthday in 1960 of the genius writer, Neil Gaiman. You know, I'm not a person prone to be intimidated by other people's amazing achievements but here is this guy, just four years older than me, and he's got a list of books that is simply breathtaking - he makes me feel so LAZY by comparison...! You can find out about Neil Gaiman's life and career in this Wikipedia article. My very favorite of all his books is American Gods - it is one of the most ingenious adaptations of traditional legends and myths that you will ever read! Happy birthday, Neil Gaiman!