Wednesday, February 25

Today is Wednesday of WEEK 6 of the class. If you have not turned in your Week 5 Storybook assignment yet, you may still do that for partial credit. Wednesday morning, until noon, is the grace period if you forgot to do any of the assignments that were due on Tuesday.

Friday drop deadline. This Friday, February 27, is the last day to drop the class with an automatic grade of W on your transcript. If you drop after Friday, you will end up with an F on your transcript (the only way to drop with a W after Friday is if you are passing the class when you drop, but if you were passing the class, you probably would not be dropping it, right?). So, for any of you in the class who are really having trouble keeping up, please take note of this deadline. With midterms coming up and more and more work being due in your other classes, you need to decide if you will be able to keep up with the workload in this class for the rest of the semester. If you have any questions about this, please make sure you contact me either on Wednesday or Thursday so I'll have time to answer your questions before the Friday deadline.

Storybook Stack
. I'm still working my way through the large stack of Storybook assignments that people have turned in. If you turned in an assignment on or before Sunday at 9PM, you should have comments back from me now. If you turned something in on Sunday night or on Monday or Tuesday, your assignment is probably still in the stack, waiting for me to get to it. If you want to check and make sure your assignment is in the stack, you can see the contents of the stack here. Meanwhile, if you want to work ahead on the Week 6 Storybook assignment, please go right ahead - you don't need my comments back on your Week 5 assignment in order to get started on Week 6, adding your first story to the Storybook!

My Wednesday schedule. I do most of my work during regular business hours on Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday, while scheduling my out-of-office commitments on Wednesdays. That means I may be a bit more slow to respond to your emails on Wednesday than on the other days of the week - and that is especially true today, since today is my birthday, and I am going to go to a movie matinee and out for dinner afterwards! But if you send me an email during the day on Wednesday, I'll definitely get back to you by the end of the day - it just might be very late today, more so than usual. :-)

February 25: Neil Jordan. I am proud to say that I share my birthday with the amazing Irish film director, Neil Jordan. You can read an article here in Wikipedia about his very prolific career in movie-making. There are so many of his films that I enjoy, but three of them really stand out - The Crying Game (for which Jordan won the Academy Award), Michael Collins and, most recently, Breakfast on Pluto. Happy birthday, Neil Jordan!