Wednesday, April 15

Today is Wednesday of WEEK 12 of the class. If you have not turned in your Week 11 Storybook assignment yet, you may still do that for partial credit. Wednesday morning, until noon, is the grace period if you forgot to do any of the assignments that were due on Tuesday.

Storybook stack. There are still quite a few assignments in the Storybook stack. If you turned in your assignment on Sunday, you should have comments back from me now. Assignments turned in on Monday or Tuesday are probably still in the stack. You can check the contents of the stack to make sure I have received your assignment. If you turned something in before Tuesday at noon, I will do my best to get comments back to you today, Wednesday, before I go out of town.

My schedule this week. (repeat announcement) This week, I will be out of town on Thursday and Friday, April 16 and 17, with limited email access at best. You will still be able to turn in a late Week 11 assignment for partial credit today, Wednesday, or Thursday until noon as usual - but I will probably not be able to get comments back to you until next week. Remember: you don't need my comments back on your Week 11 revision assignment before you go on to add your next story. So, even if you are still waiting on Week 11 comments back from me, you can still go ahead and add your new story for the Week 12 Storybook assignment.

April 15: Leonardo da Vinci. Today marks the birthday in the year 1452 of the remarkable Leonardo da Vinci, who was a genius in math, science and engineering, as well as being a famous painter and sculptor. You can read about his remarkable life and career in Wikipedia. To see someone paint the Mona Lisa using the simple art program MS Paint, take a look at this YouTube video - it's really mesmerizing!