Thursday, March 29

Today is Thursday of WEEK 10 of the class. If you have not turned in your Week 9 Storybook assignment yet, you may still do that UNTIL NOON today for partial credit. For those of you in Myth-Folklore, Thursday morning, until noon, is the grace period if you forgot to do any of the assignments that were due on Wednesday.

My Thursday schedule. I try to schedule my out-of-office commitments on Wednesday or Thursday each week. This week, I am going to be out of the office for part of the day on Thursday. That means I may be a bit more slow to respond to your emails today than on the other days of the week - but if you send me an email during the day today, I'll definitely get back to you by the end of the day.

Storybook Stack. There are still quite a few items in the Storybook stack. If you turned something in before 8PM on Sunday, you should have comments back from me; if you turned something in later on Sunday or on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, it is probably still in the stack. You can check to make sure you assignment is in the stack here. If you want comments back from me by the weekend, please get your Storybook assignment turned in by Friday at 8AM so that I can get comments back to you during the day on Friday.

Friday drop deadline. (repeat announcement) This Friday, March 30, is the last day to drop the class with an automatic grade of W on your transcript. If you drop after Friday, you will end up with an F on your transcript (the only way to drop with a W after Friday is if you are passing the class when you drop, but if you were passing the class, you probably would not be dropping it, right?). So, for any of you in the class who are really having trouble keeping up, please take note of this deadline. If you have any questions about this, make sure you contact me about this today so I'll have time to answer your questions before the Friday deadline.

Thursday Events on Campus. At 6:30 PM in the Sam Noble Museum there will be a talk on "Women and Political Change in the Middle East" by Dr. Haleh Esfandiari (time/location/details). Find out more about this and other events at the Campus Calendar online.