Friday, Nov. 16 - Sunday, Nov. 25

Friday, November 16 - Sunday, November 25. You have a full week off for Thanksgiving in this class. The Week 13, Week 14 and Week 15 assignments are available for any of you who want to work ahead and finish up the class. During the break week, I'll be available on-and-off via email, so I might not get back to you as quickly as during a regular work week. The Week 13 grace period will be on Monday morning, November 26, after Thanksgiving and Week 14 will begin on November 27. For those of you traveling for the holidays, TRAVEL SAFELY!

New Responding Groups
. The blog responding groups have been shuffled around this week, so you should find some new people to read and respond to when you do the blog responding assignment for Week 13. If somehow I've accidentally left anybody off the list, please let me know! As more and more people finish the class, the blog responding will become a little more chaotic. The Week 13 blog responding is not due until the end of the break, with the usual grace period on Monday morning, November 26.

Storybook stack.
I won't be doing any Storybook grading over Thanksgiving Break, so any Week 13 Storybook assignments that come in after Friday November 16 will go into the stack for Monday morning, November 26. I've updated the stack as of Tuesday morning; you can check to make sure I received your assignment, and I'll be updating the stack periodically during the break.

Ning Outage. The Ning was slow/out for a couple of hours late on the night of Thanksgiving; when I checked on Friday morning, everything was back up and running. I guess it just had a Thanksgiving hiccup!

Tech Tips. On Tuesday, I got caught up responding to the Tech Tip emails. I think I replied to every email where people had a question of some kind, but if I missed something, let me know! For those of you who did the creation tips (like making Wordles or LOLcats or collages, etc.), it was a lot of fun seeing what you came up with. Next semester, I need to make a "Tech Tip" space at the Ning so people can share the things they make. Everybody comes up with something different - and I'll definitely try to find some more good creation-driven Tech Tips for next semester!

Mix and match points. (repeat announcement) Now that there are less than three weeks of the semester left (rest of Week 13, plus Weeks 14-15), you might want to plan to do some "mix and match" in terms of just which assignments you want to complete this semester to get the points you need for the grade you want to get (you need 410 points for an A, 360 points for a B and 320 points for a C). So, based on the assignments you enjoy most/least in the class, you can certainly skip some assignments, provided that you end up with the points you need at the end. My only recommendation is that you do this cautiously. You don't want to skip so many assignments that you end up not getting the points you need for your desired grade. When you read the points you need for your final grade, send me a note to let me know and I will record the final grade in the Gradebook for you.

ENJOY THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!!!