SPRING BREAK: March 14 - March 20

I've included some information below that might be useful to those of you doing some schoolwork over the break, but I know many of you are out of town... and I wish you happy and safe travels! I'll also be out of town. These announcements will stay up until Saturday, March 21, when I'll start posting daily announcements again as usual.

Project Stack. I've replied to all the assignments that were turned in before Friday, March 13, and I'll be updating the stack periodically over the Break. Then, on Monday, March 23, I'll start replying to the projects in the order that they were turned in. If you want to work ahead on your project, that's great: keep on adding stories! Just turn in one assignment, though, since you will need my comments back to you in order to turn in those future assignments. You can check the contents of the stack here.

Finishing Week 9. If you did not finish up the Week 9 assignments on the Friday before break, you can finish Week 9 at your convenience now. There will be a grace period as usual on Monday morning, March 23, after Spring Break is over. 

Spring Break email. I will be checking email intermittently over the Spring Break although I will be out of town for most of the Break. If you have questions or problems, send me an email and I'll get back to you as soon as I am online again.

Finishing the class early. If you want to finish the class early, working ahead over Spring Break is a very good way to do that! For a chart that shows week-by-week point totals and other information about the grading system, see this Grading Chart page. When you have reached the the points required for the grade you want (410 points for an A, 360 points for A, 320 points for a C), just let me know. As soon as you get the points you need, you are done — you do not need to do any more of the class assignments after you have reached the grade you want.


Best wishes for a lovely Spring Break, everyone!


Follow the river, and you will reach the sea.



Note: You can page back through older blog posts to see any announcements you might have missed, and you can check out the Twitter stream for information and fun stuff during the day.