Friday, July 1

Whoo-hoo: I've now got 40 free online books of African stories in the Freebookapalooza blog; I hope that I can use that to create some additional African reading options for class next semester. There are some really nice books in there, like Where Animals Talk: West African Folk Lore Tales by Robert Hamill Nassau.


I also pasted all the story titles into a Google Spreadsheet so that I can filter and search by titles. So, for example, if you want ostriches, there are ostriches! I'm not sure I will have time to do this for all the different regions before school starts, but I am really glad to have it for the Africa books. I will also try to do the India books as a spreadsheet like this before Fall semester starts.


And just think of all those stories: a perfect way to study something new. like today's growth mindset cat is doing here:

 

As always, see the Online Myth India Twitter stream for more stuff, and there's also a Growth Mindset Twitter stream now too! I'll be off for the holiday weekend... but back with more books next week. :-)