Thursday, September 24

Today is Thursday of Week 5. Here is a link to Week 5. For a lot of you this is Storytelling Day, so I hope you will have fun with that (let your imagination run wild!), and then tomorrow I'll be able to add all the new stories into the blog comment randomizer.

Class Procedures and Reminders

Project Stack. If you turned your project before 9PM on Sunday, you should have heard back from me now, and I'll try to finish up the Sunday items today and move on to Monday. As always, you can check the stack to make sure I received your assignment.

Introduction Comments(repeat announcement) As I mentioned earlier this week, I've finished commenting on all the Introduction posts (I think!), but if I missed somebody, please let me know. I don't comment a lot on the blogs once the semester gets going, but I definitely do want to read and comment on everybody's Introduction.

The following items are for fun and exploration:

Blog stream. I always enjoy seeing the beautiful art people use in their projects, and this art from Mikayla's Storybook is a beautiful example of madhubani painting from India.


Twitter stream. Here's something from Rangar Cline, an OU professor: The New Godless Religions.


And here's a medieval manuscript commemorating the sign of Libra, who comes with the Fall equinox:


Storybook. And speaking of Libra, here's a whole Storybook about constellations: The Ladies in the Stars.




100-Word Stories. And here's an Aesop's fable about stars and stargazers: The Star-Gazing Astrologer.


In honor of today's holiday (see below), here are the 15 Punctuation Marks. The poor comma: it works so hard!




September 24: National Punctuation Day. Yes, it really is National Punctuation Day. 





Check out the Twitter stream for information and fun stuff during the day, or click here for past announcements.