Monday, May 4

Today is Monday. Week 14 of the class is now over. Monday morning, until noon, is the grace period if you forgot to do any of the assignments that were due on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Week 15 - the last week of the class! - will begin tomorrow - and those Week 15 assignments are available now if you want to get started.

Grading and points. As you can see in the Grading Information page, you need 410 to get an A, 360 points to get a B, and 320 points to get a C. When you get the number of points you need, you are done! If you can let me know when you are done with the class, I will record the letter grade for you in the Gradebook so that you can be sure you are finished with everything for the class.

Storybook stack. On Monday morning, I will update the contents of the stack, and I will start working my way through the stack based on the order in which things were turned in. As I explained last week, if these Storybook points might give you the points you need to finish up the class, let me know and I'll move your assignment to the top of the stack. Meanwhile, you can always check the contents of the stack to make sure I have received your assignment.

May 4: International Firefighters Day. The day May 4 is celebrated each year as International Firefighters Day, and you can read more about this holiday at the International Firefighters Day website. May 4 has been celebrated in many European countries in honor of firefighters because it is the Day of Saint Florian, who is the patron saint of firefighters and also of chimney sweeps. Below you can see the emblem of the Oklahoma Fire Marshal, who is the chief firefighter of the state of Oklahoma: