Tuesday, December 1

Today is Tuesday of WEEK 14 of the class. For those of you who are working ahead, Week 15 is also available! If you have not turned in your Week 13 Storybook assignment yet, you may still do that for partial credit.

Storybook Ballots. I've tallied up the nominations that people turned in (thanks to everybody who participated in that part of the process!), and you can see the top nominations for each class here: Storybook Ballot Fall 2009. For each class, you will find the actual ballot for voting in Desire2Learn at the top of the quiz list for Week 14. This is just for fun - not for points or a grade or anything. If you have a few minutes to spare, please vote for your own personal favorites! The ballot will be available till 5PM on Thursday and I'll announce the results Friday. Also, you might enjoy taking a look at some of the nominated Storybooks in the other classes, too - there are so many wonderful creative projects that people have come up with!

Course evaluation at eval.ou.edu. You all should have received an email from the College of Arts & Sciences about the course evaluations for all the online courses available at the eval.ou.edu website. The evaluation should be available now, December 1. I hope you will take a few minutes to complete the evaluation - your feedback is incredibly helpful to me in making improvements to these courses, and it is also a big help to the College in general as they continue to develop the online course program. The online course program exists because students find it valuable to be able to take courses online, and any ideas you have for how the program can be improved will be very useful to the College as they continue (hopefully!) to offer these online courses.

Storybook stack. The Storybook stack is still FULL of assignments. I've been working through the assignments with a focus on those people whose Storybook assignment points will allow them to finish up the class - so if you find yourself in that situation, let me know and I'll move your assignment(s) up to the top of the stack. This week I get kind of overwhelmed by all the assignments that are coming in, so please be patient and I'll be sure to get comments back to everybody by the end of the week - meanwhile, you can check the contents of the stack to make sure I have received your assignment.

My Tuesday schedule. This week my out-of-office tasks are on Tuesday, which means I may be a more slow today to respond to your emails - but if you send me an email during the day Tuesday, I'll definitely get back to you before the end of the day.

December: Latin Christmas Carols. As one of my Latin hobbies, I collect Christmas carols and holiday songs in Latin, and I've got a special blog - Gaudium-Mundo.blogspot.com - where you can find a different Latin Christmas carol or holiday song for each day of the month of December... beginning with Rudolphus on December 1 - with no less than FIVE, count 'em, FIVE different versions of Rudolphus in Latin! So, if you have taken Latin or are taking Latin now, you might want to check out Gaudium Mundo for a Classical Christmas! If you are interested in Rudolph in particular, here's the page about Rudolphus rubrinasus.