Friday, January 15

Happy Friday, everybody - and happy weekend, and happy Martin Luther King Day, too! On the weekend and holidays I answer my email less frequently than during the regular work week, but don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

SEMESTER BEGINS TUESDAY. On January 19, the semester will officially begin, and you have assignments that are due already on Tuesday. Those assignments are available now, if you want to get started early - something I would definitely recommend, since the first week of classes is always kind of crazy.

Course websites. You will find all the information you need about the course assignments at the website for the class you are enrolled in. Just click on Week 1 Orientation to get started on the assignments:
You will see all fifteen weeks of the semester listed on the homepage of each of the course websites - and you are welcome to work as far ahead as you want. If you have some free time now before your other classes begin, you could get a really good head start on the class! :-)

Desire2Learn. When you log on to Desire2Learn, you should see the course listed in "Spring 2010 Courses." If you do not see the course listed, please contact me about that right away. There have been some glitches with the new Ozone system that have caused some problems with the course rosters in Desire2Learn, so let me know if you have any trouble accessing the class in Desire2Learn.

Ning invitation email. In a separate email on Monday January 11, I sent an invitation so that you can sign up at the class Ning website. You can click on the link in that email to join the Ning - and make sure you took a look at the additional instructions here: Activating your Ning account. If you need me to send you an invitation email again, just let me know.

Questions...? The first week's Orientation activities are designed to introduce you to all the class activities and procedures, so don't worry: everything will become a lot more clear as you work your way through the Orientation! Meanwhile, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the class that are not answered at the course website.