Monday, March 21

WELCOME BACK, everybody - and I hope you had a wonderful Spring Break! Today is Monday. Week 8 of the class is now over. Monday morning, until noon, is the grace period if you forgot to do any of those end-of-week assignments. Week 9 will begin tomorrow - and those assignments are available now if you want to get started.

Storybook stack. As always on Monday, I will have a huge bunch of assignments in the Storybook stack waiting for me to look at. The first thing I will do on Monday morning when I get to work is to update the list of items in the Storybook stack. So, after 8 a.m. or so on Monday, you will be able to check the contents of the stack to make sure I received your assignment. I will be reading and reply to the assignments in the order they were turned in. Especially because of the long Spring Break and the email maintenance OU IT did over the weekend, you really should check the stack to make sure I have received your assignment!

Fall 2011 enrollment. Most of the students in these classes are graduating seniors (congratulations!!!) - but for those of you who will enrolling for Fall semester, I wanted to give you a chance to reserve a place in one of the online classes that I teach, if you are interested. The online courses all fill up very fast, but if you let me know BY THURSDAY of this week that you would like to take one of these classes in the Fall, I will reserve a space for you. You can get more information about each of the three classes here: 2003 World Literature (lower-div. Gen. Ed. Western), 3043 Myth-Folklore (uper-div. Gen. Ed. Western), and 4993 Indian Epics (upper-div. Gen. Ed. Non-Western). Please make sure you contact me to reserve a space if you think you want to enroll. I will gladly reserve a place for anyone who wants one, but you need to let me know BEFORE enrollment starts!

March 21: Peter Brook. Today is the birthday of the visionary playwright and film director, Peter Brook; you can read about his career and accomplishments in this Wikipedia article. Some of his more famous films are Lord of the Flies and Marat/Sade, and my favorite is the monumental production he did of the Mahabharata - definitely worth watching in the 6-hour version (although there is a 3-hour version as well). Below you can see Vyasa and the elephant-headed god Ganesha (image source):