Friday, November 18 - Sunday, November 27

Friday, November 18 - Sunday, November 27. You have a full week off for Thanksgiving in this class. The Week 13, Week 14 and Week 15 assignments are available for any of you who want to work ahead and finish up the class. The Week 13 grace period will be on Monday morning, November 28, after Thanksgiving. I'll be answering email on and off during this week, but I will not be grading any Storybook assignments until class starts up again on Monday, November 28, when I will start reading and responding to the Storybook assignments in the order they were turned in during the break.

NEW RESPONDING GROUPS. The blog responding groups have been shuffled around this week, so you should find some new people to read and respond to when you do the blog responding assignment for Week 13. If somehow I've accidentally left anybody off the list, please let me know! As more and more people finish the class, the blog responding will become a little more chaotic, but I'll try to keep an eye on things so that everybody gets comments on their new blog posts.

Storybook stack. As of the end of the day Thursday, the only assignments left in the stack were late Week 12 assignments. You can check the contents of the stack to make sure I have received your assignment. If you want comments back BEFORE the Thanksgiving Break, MAKE SURE you turn in your Storybook assignment by Friday November 18 at 8AM. I won't be doing any Storybook grading over Thanksgiving Break, so any Storybooks that come in after 8AM on Friday November 18 will go into the stack for Monday morning, November28 .

Mix and match points. (repeat announcement) Now that there are less than three weeks of the semester left (rest of Week 13, plus Weeks 14-15), you might want to plan to do some "mix and match" in terms of just which assignments you want to complete this semester to get the points you need for the grade you want to get (you need 410 points for an A, 360 points for a B and 320 points for a C). So, based on the assignments you enjoy most/least in the class, you can certainly skip some assignments, provided that you end up with the points you need at the end. My only recommendation is that you do this cautiously. You don't want to skip so many assignments that you end up not getting the points you need for your desired grade. When you read the points you need for your final grade, send me a note to let me know and I will record the final grade in the Gradebook for you.

Friday Events on Campus. At 10AM in Bizzell Memorial Library, Room 149D there will be a one-hour workshop on Using Zotero to Manage Citations - and Zotero really is an amazing online tool that I use every day for my own research and writing; I highly recommend it (time/location/details). Find out more about this event and other events happening on Friday at the Campus Calendar online.

ENJOY THE HOLIDAY!!!