Wednesday, January 23

Today is Wednesday of WEEK 2 of the class. Wednesday morning, until noon, is the grace period if you forgot to do any of the assignments that were due on Tuesday.

Storybook Stack
. If you turned in an assignment by 5PM on Tuesday, you should have comments back from me and points recorded in the Gradebook. If you turned in your assignment later on Tuesday or on Wednesday, it may still be in the stack. You can always check the stack to make sure I have your assignment, so you don't have to worry about whether or not I got your email.

You really can call me Laura! Some of you still seem to feel like you need to call me Professor or Dr. or something like that. No need for that, really! (Plus, I am just an instructor and not a professor, so I don't want to get in trouble with the professor police, ha ha.) Anyway, since I'm on a first-name basis with all of you, please do the same and just call me Laura.

Wednesday Events on Campus
. Kelsie (her Ning page) wanted to share the news about Crimson Beat - a stress-free hip hop dance class that meets every Wednesday night in the Huff from 9-11 PM - come by and check it out! (time/location/details). Find out more about this and other events at the Campus Calendar online.

January 23: Walter Miller. Today is the birthday of the American author Walter Miller, who was born in 1923; he died in 1996. You can read about his life and career at Wikipedia. He is best known for the book A Canticle for Leibowitz, which I would rank as one of the greatest science fiction novels ever written. I've lost track of how many times I have re-read this wonderful book! The image below shows the book cover from the first edition in 1960: