Tuesday, January 22

Today is Tuesday of WEEK 2 of the class. I've moved the Week 2 Quizzes and Declarations to the TOP of the Desire2Learn area now. This week in Indian Epics you are starting Narayan's Ramayana, while it's Ancient Near East week in Myth-Folklore - you will be choosing EITHER Gilagmesh OR Egypt. I really hope you will enjoy the readings!

Assignment Stack. I finished comments on the Proofreading assignment on Monday, so everybody should have gotten comments back on the proofreading (contact me if you did not get an email with my comments). I'm now working my way through the very large number of Storybook assignments came in over the weekend and on Monday. If you want to check and make sure your assignment is in the stack, you can see the contents of the stack here.

Storybook Comments via email. When I send back Storybook comments to you via email, you will see that my comments are inserted into your email and marked with ==> so you can find them easily. PLEASE READ THESE COMMENTS. The comments for each week should help you when you do your assignment for the next week, and possibly in future weeks, too. So, make sure you save the emails that I send back to you about your Storybook assignment. That way, you can consult them later as needed.

Tuesday Events on Campus. There will be a trombone concert by Irv Wagner as part of the Sutton Artist series in the Sharp Concert Hall, 8PM-10PM (time/location/details). Find out more about this and other events at the Campus Calendar online. I found this charming video with Prof. Wagner and his trombone online when I was looking for more information about the concert, so I thought I would share it here! If you do not see the video below, you can click on the link to go to Vimeo or else see the embedded video at the actual Announcements blog.