Saturday, February 6

Today is Saturday of Week 3. I hope you are having a nice weekend! I'm out of town, but I've queued up these announcements so you will have some new things to enjoy here.

Class Procedures and Reminders

OUT OF TOWN. I'm out of town this weekend and also most of Monday, and I'll probably have very limited Internet access while I'm gone. Definitely send me an email if you have questions about anything, and I'll write back to you when I get online. I'll also be updating the Project stack too, and I'll start working my way through the stack on Tuesday.

The following items are for fun and exploration:

Sentences. Writing: it's just one sentence after another!


Words to Watch: Today's words to watch out for are DESERT and DESSERT. For details, see this blog post.


Featured Storybook: Secret Life of Titans. The Titan brothers are immortal, of course, and in this Storybook you will learn what Prometheus, Epimetheus, Atlas and Menoitios are doing with their lives these days in the modern world.


Free Book Online: Jewish Fairy Tales and Legends by Gertrude Landa. This blog post provides additional information about the contents of the book which some of you may have read in Myth-Folklore last week.


India Featured Book: Ravana: Roar of the Demon King by Abhimanyu Singh Sisodia. This blog post provides additional information about this reading option for Indian Epics. It's a graphic novel all about Ravana!


Words of Wisdom: Today's proverb poster is One loose pebble can start a landslide (a proverb from the U.S.A.). Details at the Proverb Lab. Call it geological karma: actions have consequences.


Today's Video: Geetaa. This is another one of Ravi Shankar's chants with a text from the Bhagavad; you can see the words of the chant here: Gita 2:47.


Growth Mindset: Today's growth mindset kitten is ready to learn: Embrace challenges! Details at the blog.


Event in OKC: Make a trip up to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art at 2PM to see the student films that are on their way to the International Short Film Festival in Clermont-Ferrand (details). Find out more about this and other events at the Campus Calendar online.



Note: You can page back through the older blog posts to see any announcements you might have missed, and you can check out the Twitter stream for information and fun stuff during the day.