Thursday, May 19

Free Myth-Folklore Books. This is the "great summer of reading" for me, and I'm also collecting new free books online. What I was thinking was that I could create a big library of these free books in the Myth-Folklore class so that, for the extra credit reading option each week, there would be even more books to choose from, beyond the UnTextbook. Here's one of the exciting new books I found: The Story of Rustem and Other Persian Hero Tales by Elizabeth D. Renninger, illustrated by J. L. S. Williams. These are stories from the great epic of Iran called the Shahnameh; you can read more about that at Wikipedia.


Growth Mindset Videos. I found a great TED talk to include as a growth mindset video focusing on how to be open to creative discoveries: How to Build Your Creative Confidence by David Kelley.


And there is a new growth mindset cat, of course: I like to learn. What's YOUR superpower?


As always, see the Online Myth India Twitter stream for more stuff, and there's also a Growth Mindset Twitter stream now too!