SPRING BREAK 2020

So, welcome to the Spring Break edition of the announcements! This is not the Break anyone expected... but I hope you are taking some time to relax and enjoy friends and family, resting and recharging. Stay home, stay safe, and know that you are helping others stay safe by doing so!

I'm not going to write up new announcements every day during the Break, but I'll check in here every day, updating as needed. Plus, you can see new items at the class Twitter, and I've put in some video randomizers below, so you should see new videos popping up whenever you check in here. :-)

~ ~ ~

Memorial Week. Some of you may have noticed a bump in your points, and that's because I've created something called "Memorial Week" which is meant for you to take your creative energy from this class to think about the Class of 2020. Some of you are graduating seniors, and you all have friends who are seniors for sure, so this is a way for you to think about the great Class of 2020 and honor them in your own way: Making a Memorial Week. You might do that now, later, whenever is the right time for you. Like with the Flex Week which I announced earlier, you'll see that's already recorded for everyone automatically in Canvas; I'll have more to say about all that when the regular announcements start up again.

Mega-Grace Period update. I mentioned in a previous announcement the idea of a "mega-grace period" to extend the dates for all assignments, and I've now finished extending all the grace periods for the rest of the semester. You'll see how that works in the Canvas Modules (you can do Week 9 work through Monday May 30 at noon, Week 10 through Monday April 6 at noon and so on). I'll say more about that later, but you'll see those dates in all the Module titles now; basically there's an extra week added on now to all the assignments.

My schedule this week. As it turns out, my Spring Break plans got canceled (I'm sure I am not the only one...), so I'll be at work this week. I'm planning to spend half of each day on class work (reading projects! yay!), and the other half of each day I'll be helping other faculty who are moving their classes online (yeah, it's definitely not what anybody expected!). That means for anyone who has a project in the stack right now, you'll have comments back from me soon! You can check the stack as always to make sure I received your project. And THANK YOU for giving me something that is a pleasure to do — reading your stories — in the midst of this uncertain and anxious time.

Previous announcements. Here's a link to scroll through the past week's announcements. The key item is Thursday, where I explained about the new mega-grace period and flex week. I'll have some reminders about all that when we get to the end of Break and we know more about what is happening.


ENJOY THE BREAK (breathe...), and STAY SAFE

Here's the top of the Twitter stream (scroll for more):


Here are some random videos. Reload the page for more. :-)