August 2010: Getting ready for Fall

It's hard to believe that it is August already! I've started the process of getting ready for the Fall semester. So far, here is what I have done:

* I've cleared out the old announcements email list. So, if you were on the announcements email list previously and are re-enrolled for Fall semester, you'll need to sign up for that again: here is the email list sign-up link.

* I've updated the Google Calendar for all three classes - you can see the new version of the calendar displayed on each class webpage: World Lit, Myth-Folklore, and Indian Epics (the same calendar also appears inside Desire2Learn for each course).

* I've checked the rosters for all three classes and issued as many special permissions as possible; the upper-division classes are very very very full as always, but there is still room in the lower-division World Literature class. Hopefully I can issue some more permissions when I see what happens with enrollment in that lower-division class.

There is still lots more work to do, but I hope to have the classes available for anyone who wants to start early by Monday August 16 at the latest, and maybe even earlier than that depending on how things go over the next few weeks. I still need to update the Tech Tips and also the Study Tips, set up the Ning for Fall, and it will take several days to get all the quizzes set up in Desire2Learn. I sure wish Desire2Learn were as easy to update as GoogleCalendar!