Monday, March 25

Today is Monday of Week 10. Here is a link to the Week 10 assignments, and if you're finishing up some work during the grace period this morning, here is Week 9.

Class Procedures and Reminders

My schedule today. I'll be away from my desk for the morning and at least part of the afternoon today, so I'll be slower than usual to answer emails, but I'll be back at my desk later in the afternoon and should be able to respond then.

Reading. This week in Indian Epics you will be choosing between Krishna and Jatakas (details) and in Myth-Folklore, it's Native American traditions (details). I hope you will enjoy the new reading this week!

Project Stack. My schedule is hectic today, but I will update the stack and get through as many projects as I can today. Meanwhile, you can check the stack to make sure I received your email.

The following items are for fun and exploration:

Blog Stream. I really like this Canva graphic that I saw in Alyx's blog: Embrace the Pace.


Comic Book On Reserve. Today's comic book is Sudama: The Power of True Friendship, one of my favorite Krishna legends (and yes, the Krishna comic books are one of the reading options in Indian Epics this week).


Free Audiobook. Today's free audiobook is Tales of the Enchanted Islands of the Atlantic by Thomas Wentworth Higginson.




Featured Storybook. Here's an incredibly fun project! Rate My Rishi. If you've ever used RateMyProfessors.com, you'll feel right at home at Rate My Rishi, where the rishis' students, fans, and enemies sing their praises and dish the mythological dirt too.


India Video. One of the reading options for this week in Indian Epics is this graphic novel: Krishna: Defender of Dharma.


Myth Video. This is a Crash Course video on Native American storytelling traditions: Coyote and Raven, American Tricksters.


Myth Item. Here's a cool example of animated GIFs: Ancient Ruins Restored, including the Temple of Luxor in Egypt:


Writing. And speaking of archaeology: The Earliest Ancient Texts.


Plus, a thought about Mondays. Especially the Mondays after Spring Break!


Growth Mindset Cats. This cat is ready for the new week: My effort and attitude are everything.


For a beautiful example of effort and attitude, here's the inspiring story of Ronald McNair, as told by his brother: Eyes on the Stars.


Event on Campus. The OU Brazilian Film Festival begins today with a showing of Wasteland at 4:45PM in Zarrow Hall 105 (details).



Find out more about this and other events at the Campus Calendar online.

March 25: Tolkien Reading Day. This Tolkien celebration has been organized by the Tolkien Society since 2003 to encourage fans to celebrate and promote the life and works of J.R.R. Tolkien. The Society also promotes the distribution of Tolkien's books to libraries all around the world:




Check out the Twitter stream for information and fun stuff during the day, or click here for past announcements.